- Program Aims
- Learning Outcomes
- Courses Themes
- Career Opportunities
- Learning Path
- Graduation Requirements
The world economy is rapidly changing, and the financial sector is no exception. Artificial intelligence, cloud computing, the internet of things, blockchain, and other new technologies are disrupting the traditional ways of doing things. As a result, there is a growing demand for professionals with the skills and knowledge to apply these technologies to finance.
Our MSc in Digital Finance and Financial Technology (Fintech) is designed to give you the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in this rapidly changing field. We will teach you how to use cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world financial problems. You will also develop the critical thinking and problem-solving skills that are essential for success in this field.
Customized for Engaged Professionals: Crafted with the busy executive in consideration, our program presents a versatile fusion of learning methodologies. Seamlessly transitioning between adaptable and hands-on learning, it harmonizes digital and in-person student experiences. This approach guarantees that your learning journey harmonizes with your work obligations, granting you the adaptability to thrive in both arenas.
- Develop students’ ability to have professional knowledge and understanding of digital finance.
- Provide students with professional-level skills in dealing, analysing, and managing digital finance business.
- Cultivate the ability to conduct rigorous research and utilize specialized analytical skills to solve complex problems within the realm of digital finance.
- Develop the student’s appreciation of ethics in digital finance practice.
- Develop students’ efficiency in teamwork, leadership, and communication skills.
Knowledge and Understanding Skills
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the finance and banking industry’s conceptual framework, theories, and regulations.
- Demonstrate a critical knowledge and understanding of the current issues in digital finance.
- Demonstrate originality in applying the appropriate financial techniques to make decisions in different areas of digital finance.
- Apply standard and specialized research methods and investigative techniques in the different areas of digital finance.
Critical Thinking Skills
- Critically analyze and assess the output of digital financial techniques and tools for problem-solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrate professional levels of recognition and interpretation of the recent developments in digital finance and review research articles.
- Critically analyze research data in the different areas of digital finance.
General and Transferrable Skills
- Demonstrate Professional use of oral and written communication skills to present financial reports.
- Display ethical behavior and cultural sensitivity in dealing with academic and practical issues related to businesses, finance, and society at large.
• The Future of Finance
• Artificial Intelligence in Finance
• Cloud Computing in Finance
• The Internet of Things in Finance
• Blockchain in Finance
• Data Science for Finance
• Financial Modeling
• Risk Management
Potential career opportunities for graduates from the MSc. in Digital Finance and Financial Technology program:
Financial Technology (Fintech) Companies: Graduates can pursue roles in Fintech companies that specialize in developing and implementing innovative digital solutions for financial services. This can include positions such as Fintech Analyst, Product Manager, Digital Payments Specialist.
Financial Institutions: Traditional financial institutions, including banks, investment firms, and insurance companies, are increasingly incorporating digital finance and technology into their operations. Graduates can explore roles such as Digital Strategist, Financial Analyst, Risk Manager, or Compliance Officer with a focus on technology-driven finance.
Consulting Firms: Consultancies that specialize in finance, digital transformation, or technology advisory often seek experts in digital finance and financial technology. Graduates can work as Financial Technology experts, Digital Transformation Specialists, Financial Analysts.
Startups: The startup ecosystem presents opportunities for graduates to join early-stage companies that are disrupting the financial industry through technological innovations. Roles such as Product Manager, Business Development Manager, or Data Analyst can be found in FinTech startups.
Regulatory and Compliance: With the evolving landscape of digital finance, there is a growing need for graduates who understand both financial regulations and technology. Graduates can pursue careers as Regulatory Compliance Analysts, Risk Managers, or Compliance Officers in regulatory bodies or financial services firms.
Academic and Research Institutions: Graduates may choose to contribute to the field through research and academia. They can pursue roles as researchers, lecturers, or further their academic pursuits by pursuing doctoral degrees.
Entrepreneurship: Some graduates may decide to start their own ventures in the digital finance space, leveraging their knowledge and skills to develop innovative financial technology solutions or platforms.
- Doctoral Studies (Ph.D.) in a related field such as
- Financial Technology
- Business Administration
- Professional Certifications:
- Certified FinTech Professional (CFP)
- Certified Blockchain Professional (CBP)
- Certified Digital Payments Specialist (CDPS)
- Certified Financial Data Analyst (CFDA)
- Certified Risk Management in FinTech (CRMF)
- Certified Digital Banking Consultant (CDBC)
- Certified Financial Compliance Officer (CFCO)
- Successful completion of 24 Credit Hours plus Thesis completion.
- Achieve Cumulative GPA of 3.0 and above