The vision of the Community Engagement and Continuing Education Unit To be a distinguished institution in terms of understanding and satisfying the community and students and meeting the demands of developing future entrepreneurs
Community Engagement and Continuing Education
We are a university where students, teachers, and staff discuss, learn, and comprehend various community concerns. We are a learning community empowered by the expression of many points of view informed by a wide range of life experiences. Some initiatives are illustrated here. Fundraising, blood donations, and other actions to benefit cancer and orphan groups should be included. Through active engagement and service, these events inspire students to contribute to the larger Bahraini community. Communities benefit from constructive connections with universities in a variety of ways. These include improved human and social capital development, faster economic growth, better professional and intellectual infrastructure in communities, progress toward sustainability, and research outcomes that benefit society’s social, economic, environmental, and cultural dimensions. Greater corporate and societal responsibility can result from the growth of a knowledgeable and active citizenry. This may promote social cohesion and transformation, encourage educated discussion on matters of importance to communities and enhance their quality of life.
Please suggest a community involvement activity using the link below.
Continuing education generally refers to any learning or programs that persons continue after completing their official education. Seminars, one-time sessions, online courses, and program participation are examples. Some occupations need continued education in several ways. Some of these requirements include yearly courses or assessments to stay up with industry or business developments. Other professions encourage workers to participate in lectures to learn from other professionals in their field: successful businessmen and women are enormous supporters of ongoing education. Changes in practice behavior connected to continuing education should occur in all continuing education facilities instead of in certain continuing education facilities. Changes must include a broader range of courses that match current demands.
Complete the survey below to understand your training needs.
Community Engagement Courses and Workshops
Kingdom University is taking a significant step forward in promoting sustainable development by implementing goal no. 9 of the SDGs. This goal focuses on industry, innovation, and infrastructure and aims to promote sustainable and inclusive economic growth. The university is creating a youth entrepreneurial community to support students and alumni interested in starting their own businesses. By nurturing and empowering young entrepreneurs, Kingdom University is helping build a more resilient and innovative economy that can better meet society’s and the environment’s needs.
KU Entrepreneurship Center support and services
Kingdom University Entrepreneurship Center can provide support and services for students, faculty, and alumni to start and grow their businesses. Here are some examples.
- Workshops and Training: The KU Entrepreneurship Center can offer courses, workshops, and training programs to help individuals develop business skills such as business planning, market research, financial management, and marketing.
- Mentorship: The center can provide access to experienced entrepreneurs, investors, and industry experts who can guide and advise new entrepreneurs.
- Networking Opportunities: The center can host events to connect entrepreneurs with potential collaborators, customers, and investors.
- Funding: The center provides access to seed funding, venture capital, and other funding sources to help entrepreneurs fund their startups.
- Legal Support: The KU Entrepreneurship Center can provide legal and regulatory advice to help start-ups.
- Market Research: KU Entrepreneurship Center conducts market research to help start-ups identify potential customers, competitors, and industry trends. By helping startups create surveys and gather feedback.
- Business Plan Review: KU Entrepreneurship Center can review business plans and aid startups to improve their ideas and strategies.
- Access to Resources: KU entrepreneurship center can provide access to specialized resources, such as using the university library books and resources to help with their research.
If you would like to be featured on the center’s page or monthly newsletter, or if you wish to become a member, please apply using the application form below.