Welcome to KU Research Unit!
We are pleased to assist all university Academic Staff, students in any aspect related to the research, publication, report, and funding.
With best wishes.
Prof. Nader Al-Bastaki
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Scientific Research
Chairperson of Research Council
The strategies of the Unit are as follows:
- Establishment and implementation of a systematic and transparent process for the allocation of research funds.
- Systematic identification and tracking of potential Research Areas.
- Establish ambitious yet realistic Research Output Targets for KU & motivate faculty to conduct research (Incentive System and Collaborative Research).
The mandate of the Unit are as follows:
- Review and update the research priorities of the University.
- Set goals for research outputs, including journal and conference publications.
- Review the research strategies of the University.
- Revision of the requests for funded research applications and approval of the research grants given by the university.
- Arrange annual research gatherings at the University.
- Develop and assist in the arrangement of partnerships or collaborations with governmental, regional or international entities/institutions to support the University in collaborative researches.
- Promote awareness of the value of KU research, shared responsibility, ethical conduct of research, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Support research integrated services, transparent research administration, and infrastructure for interdisciplinary research.
Approval mechanism for financial support for Research Papers and Projects:
- A faculty member shall apply for financial support by filling out the form and submitting it online.
- Applications for financial support are discussed in the College Council.
- The College Council shall submit the approved Applications for obtaining financial support to the Scientific Research Council.
- The Scientific Research Council holds its periodic meeting to evaluate Research Papers and Projects for financial support.
- Priority should be given Research Papers and Projects that are in line with the priorities of the University, which are also compatible with the National Priorities for Scientific Research.
- The recommendations of the Scientific Research Council for Scientific research Applications for financial support shall be discussed in the University Council for approval.
- The researchers shall be notified of the approval in a period not exceeding 45 days from the date of submission of the application.
The Research Council is headed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Scientific Research and has in its membership representatives from the colleges and the adviser to the President for Research. The Council meets periodically to discuss the research issues and progress.
Typical issues addressed by the council are:
- Reviewing and updating the research priorities
- Setting goals for research outputs, including journal and conference publications.
- Review of the research strategy.
- Revision of the requests for funded research applications and approving of the research grants given by the university.
- An arrangement of annual research gatherings.