Academic Calendar  




In the Pre-Registration period upon the academic calendar, the student has to fill the form of Pre-Registration courses to select the courses he/she would like to register for the next semester.

Academic Advisory

Each student is assigned with an Academic Advisor who is a faculty member from the College where he/she belongs, These skillful advisors can provide information from the first day they join the university until graduation on the arrangement of appropriate course schedules.

Midterm Exams Schedule  

Final Exams Schedule       

How to calculate GPA


Description Grade Point Grade Letter Mark
Excellent 4.0 A 90-100
3.67 A- 87-89

Very Good

3.33 B+ 84-86
3.0 B 80-83
2.67 B- 77-79


2.33 C+ 74-76
2.0 C 70-73
1.67 C- 67-69
Accepted 1.33 D+ 64-66
1.00 D 60-63
Fail 0.00 F Less Than 60

Sum result of (Grade point for each course * Credit hours of each course) / Total Credit hours

For Example:


Letter Grade Credit Hours Course Code
 A  2  LAW106
 A  3  LAW111
 C  3  LAW191
 C+  3  LAW121
 B  3  GS133


Calculate the GPA as the following:

((2*4)+(3*4)+(3*2)+(3*2.33)+(3*3)) / 14= 2.99

  • Use the same way to calculate Cumulative GPA, but for all courses
  • Only graded hours that are included in GPA or cumulative GPA

Student Handbook  button-01



Postponement or withdrawal from the current semester

The student has the right to postpone or withdraw from 4 regular semesters continuously or scattered starting from the second semester of joining college.

Discontinued students

Maximum discontinued period is 4 continuous regular semesters.


Submission of requests for incomplete/unearned credit hours

If the student could not sit in any of his/her midterm exam or final exam on its original date because of exceptional circumstances beyond his/her control, then he/she is allowed to present a valid excuse and apply for a deferred assessment to the ARD. In case for accepted application of final assessment: a letter (I) for Incomplete will be shown for the Course Final Grade in the student’s transcript and will be changed to the final grade after conducting the Final deferred assessment. The deferred Exams period is stated in the academic calendar. For final assessment deferred assessment, the student shall pay the deferred assessment fees.

Assessment Appeal

Students may appeal the grade they are awarded for a course, upon the academic calendar, and the ARD department will do the changes of the final grade on the system and the Finance Department returns the Assessment Appeal Fee to the student.

Internal Transfer

Internal credit transfer students are those who wish to transfer from one program to another in the same College or from one College to another College after taking approval from requested college.

Regulations and Policy


Attendance Rules

The student is required to attend all the credit hours of each enrolled course whether lectures, laboratory or seminars, etc. If the student is absent for 15% of the total attendance hours of the enrolled course, the student will be given a final warning that he/she will be prohibited from the final exam if the number of absences exceed 25% which will lead to failing the course.

 Academic warnings

If the Bachelor student’s CGPA is less than 2.00 (with the exception of the first semester the student has registered for and the summer semester) the student shall be considered at risk and given a first warning at the end of any study semester. The student has to work hard to raise his/her CGPA during the study semester following the semester in which he/she received the first warning, if not, the student will receive a second warning. If the student’s CGPA remains lower than 2.00 in the following semester, he/she will receive a final warning and shall be dismissed from the program. The University Council has the right to give an additional chance to the concerned student to continue the study in the same program, transfer to another program or be dismissed from the university. In case the student raised his/her CGPA to be 2.00 or more, and if the CGPA got reduced again the warnings will be counted from the beginning. Any student who completed the study of 75% of the total credit hours of the programs shall be exempted from dismissal, provided that the student’s CGPA is not below 1.8 for bachelor’s degree. However, the student shall not be allowed to enroll for more than 8 years.

Grading system or scale


Description Grade Point Letter Grade Mark
Very Good
 Fail 0.00 F   Less Than 60

Honor Students button-01



Graduation Requirements

  • Successful completion of all the required courses, credit hours in his/her academic program.
  • Achieve the required CGPA (as per below table).
  • Achieve the number of study years (as per below table).


Degree Min Graduation GPA Min No. of study period (By years) Min No. of study period (By regular semesters) Max No. of study period (By years) Max No. of study period (By years)
 Associate Diploma  1.50  3  6  8  16
Bachelor  2.00  3  6  8  16
 Master  3.00  1.5  3  4  8


For external transferred students, the number of equated credit hours are calculated from the study period as per the following:

  • Each equated 12 credit hours equal 1 regular semester.
  • Each equated 24 credit hours equal 1 year.
  • Summer Semester is not included in the study period.

Request for issuing English accredited copies of the certificates

The graduated student can request an original translated accredited certificate issued from higher education council by contacting Admission & Registration department to submit request.

Issuing a replacement for the lost certified certificates

The graduated student can request a replacement certificates accredited by higher education council by contacting Admission & Registration department to submit request.Issuing a modified certificate The graduated student can request a modified certificate accredited by higher education council by contacting Admission & Registration department to submit request.

Approved or certified the old received certificates

The old graduated student who not have a certified stamped on his/her certificate from Higher Education Council can request these stamps to be done by contacting Admission & Registration department to submit request.