JCLS Journal – Journal of Contemporary Legal Studies
Peer-reviewed periodical Scientific Journal
- The Journal of Contemporary Legal Studies is formed in the College of Law. It is related to the college organizational structure and is supervised by the Dean of the College.
- It is a journal specialized in the field of practical studies in all legal specializations.
- The Priority of publication in the journal takes into consideration the date of submission and is given to researches that tackle contemporary problems in the global, regional, and local legal labor market.
- Published researches must be authentic and contemporary and should follow the proper scientific approach and the adopted scientific methods as will be mentioned in the publication procedures.
Formation of the Editorial Board
- The editorial board of the journal consists of five academic staff members from the College of Law who will be appointed by the University President every two years taking into consideration the different legal specializations.
- The decision of the formation of the editorial board includes the name of the chairman, who should be the dean of the college of law, and the editorial manager who should have an experience in scientific publication and administration of specialized scientific journals.
- The editorial board, in its first meeting, will appoint a secretary-general of the journal from its members.
Editorial Board Terms of Reference
- The editorial board of the journal is responsible for reviewing the researches submitted for publication and deciding their validity for arbitration in accordance with the journal policy.
- The editorial board will appoint arbitrators, follow up their reports and inform researchers about the results of arbitration.
- The editorial board is responsible for determining the publication priorities in accordance with the journal policy.
- The editorial board will have to implement the recommendations of the advisory board mentioned in its annual report.
Formation of the Advisory Board
- The University President will issue a decision to form the Advisory Board of the journal which consists of seven members. The advisory board should represent all the different schools of law and its members should have practical or academic experience in the legal field.
- The chairman of the journal is the general coordinator of the meetings of the advisory board and is responsible for communicating with it and informing it about all of its tasks.
- The advisory board of the journal meets once at the end of each year. The meeting will be done, whether physically, or virtually via the internet.
Advisory Board Terms of Reference
- The advisory board is responsible for reviewing the policies and priorities of publication in the journal.
- In December every year, the advisory board will issue an annual report about the journal experience of publication. The report will be directly transferred to the editorial board to discuss it and make use of its results in the first meeting of the board after its issuance.
- The journal is issued semi-annually, i.e., two volumes will be published per year, the first of which will be published in January, the second in July.
- Copies of researches to be published will be sent by email to the secretary of the journal who prepares them to be submitted to the editorial board within a week.
- The editorial board will decide the research seriousness, eligibility and validity for arbitration according to the journal policy.
- If the editorial board decided that the research is not accepted for arbitration, the secretary should inform the researcher within two days after the meeting.
- If the editorial board decided that the research is accepted for arbitration, the board will appoint two arbitrators who are experienced in the specific field of the research.
- The secretary of the board will transfer the research to the appointed arbitrators within one week from the date of its approval for arbitration.
- The process of arbitration should not exceed three weeks from the date of receiving the researches and arbitrators should choose one of the following three results:
– The research is valid for publication without modifications.
– The research is valid for publication with minor modifications.
– The research is not valid for publication.
- In case one of the arbitrators decided that the research is valid for publication, while the other decided that the research is not valid for publication, the editorial board, after reviewing their reports, may decide to approve the research, refuse it, or refer it to an expert arbitrator unless the refusal is due to scientific dishonesty.
- The secretary of the board is responsible for informing the researcher about the result of the arbitration within a week from the date of its approval by the editorial board.
- The researchers who published their researches will get a hard copy of the volume in which their researches were published and an electronic copy of their researches with the journal logo.
- Researchers are accepted in both English and Arabic.
- The research should not exceed 10,000 words and the editorial board has the right to exclude some researches from this condition for reasons related to the research authenticity and originality.
- The name of the researcher or researchers must be written in full on the first page of the research, including their work places, job addresses, academic titles, ranking, and means of contacting them.
- For researches in the Arabic language, the font should be Adobe Arabic size 16, whereas in the margins the same font is used but the size should be 14. All headlines and subtitles should be Bold.
- For researches in the English Language, the font should be Calibri size 14, whereas in the margins the same font is used but the size should be 12. All headlines and subtitles should be Bold.
- Researches should be done in accordance to scientifically methods, and English researches should be done according to Oxford Standards for Citation of Legal Authorities, 4th Edition that are available on the website: https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/sites/files/oxlaw/oscola_4th_edn_hart_2012quickreferenceguide.pdf
The publication fees is $200 and it will be payable at the time of research acceptance.
- Dr. Nidal Yasseen Hamo – Editor in Chief
- Dr. Omar Fakhri Al-Hadithi – Managing Editor
- Dr. Abdulbaset Mohammed Al-Hakimi – Editor
- Dr. Ahmed Mohammed Lutfi – Editor
- Dr. Yousef Hazaea Al Wafi – Editor