Dr. Dilshan Ossen
Dr. Dilshan Ossen
Chairman of Architecture Engineering Department
- PhD. (Architecture 2006), Universiti Technologi Malaysia Skudai, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- M.Sc. (Architecture 1998), University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
- B.Sc. (Built Environment 1995), University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
- Chartered Architect Associate, Sri Lanka Institute of Architects, Sri Lanka
- Fellow - The Higher Education Academy, UK (2019).
- 2018- Present: Chairman, College of Architecture Engineering and Design, Kingdom University, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- 2016- Present: Associate Professor, College of Architecture Engineering and Design, Kingdom University, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- 2014-2016: Associate Professor, Department of Architecture, Fakulti Alam Bina, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- 2008-2014: Senior Lecturer, Department of Architecture, Fakulti Alam Bina, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- 2006-2008: Lecturer, Department of Architecture, FAB, UTM Skudai, Johor Bahru.
- 2000 - 2005: Chartered Architect, Ranjit Alahakoon, Chartered Architect Colombo 7, Sri Lanka; Kahawita De Silva Associates Colombo 7, Sri Lanka.
- 1998-2000: Assistant Architect, Ranjit Alahakoon, Chartered Architect Colombo 7, Sri Lanka.
- 1995-1996: Junior Architect, Ranjit Alahakoon, Chartered Architect Colombo 7, Sri Lanka.
- FM Ghadikolaei, DR Ossen, MF Mohamed (2020). “Effects of wing wall at the balcony on the natural ventilation performance in medium-rise residential buildings”. Journal of Building Engineering
- CYS Heng, YW Lim, DR Ossen (2020). “Horizontal Light Pipe Transporter for Deep Plan High-rise Office Daylighting in Tropical Climate”. Building and Environment, 106645
- A. Abdullah, IB Said, DR Ossen (2019). “A sustainable bio-inspired cooling unit for hot arid regions: Integrated evaporative cooling system in wind tower”. Applied Thermal Engineering 161, 114201
- PC Leng, RA Majid, NA Rahman, DR Ossen, FM Razif (2019). “Field Investigation of Indoor Thermal Performance in Malaysia Air-Welled Terraced House”. International Journal of Built Environment and Sustainability 6 (3), 33-41
- PC Leng, MH Ahmad, DR Ossen, GHT Ling, S Abdullah, E Aminudin (2019). “The Impact of Air Well Geometry in a Malaysian Single Storey Terraced House”. Sustainability 11 (20), 5730
- A Qaid, HB Lamit, DR Ossen, MH Rasidi (2018). “Effect of the position of the visible sky in determining the sky view factor on micrometeorological and human thermal comfort conditions in urban street canyons”. Theoretical and applied climatology 131 (3-4), 1083-1100
- Adeb Qaid, Hussanudin Bin Lamit, Dilshan Remaz Ossen & Raja Nafida Raja Shahminan (2016), “Urban heat island and thermal comfort conditions at micro-climate scale in a tropical planned city”. Energy and Buildings, Volume 133, 1 December 2016, Pages 577–595
- Adeb Qaid Ahmed & Dilshan Remaz Ossen (2015). “Effect of asymmetrical street aspect ratios on microclimates in hot, humid regions”. International Journal of Biometeorology June 2015, Volume 59, Issue 6, pp 657-677. Springer-Verlag Wien.
- Tareq Gaber Farea, Dilshan Remaz Ossen, Saqaff Alkaff, Hisashi Kotani (2015) “CFD modeling for natural ventilation in a lightwell connected to outdoor through horizontal voids”. Energy and Building 86 (2015) 502-513
- Adeb Qaid Ahmed, Dilshan Remaz Ossen, Elmira Jamei & Norhashima Abd Manaf, Ismail Said, Mohd Hamdan Ahmad (2015); “Urban surface temperature behaviour and heat island effect in a tropical planned city”. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. Vol 119, Issue 3-4 (493-514) Springer-Verlag Wien.
- Elmira Jamei, Yashar Jamei, Priyadarsini Rajagopalan, Dilshan Remaz Ossen, Sasan Roushenas (2015). “Effect of built-up ratio on the variation of air temperature in a heritage city”. Sustainable Cities and Society Vol 14 (280-292). Elsevier
- Leng Pau Chung, Mohd Hamdan Ahmad, Dilshan Remaz Ossen, Malsiah Hamid (2015). “Effective Solar Chimney Cross Section Ventilation Performance in Malaysia Terraced House”. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences Vol:179-(276-289). Elsevier
- Y.W. Lim , F. Shahsavari , N. Fazlenawati1 , M. N. Azli , D. R. Ossen & M. H. Ahmad (2015) “Developing a BIM-based process-driven decision-making framework for sustainable building envelope design in the tropics”. Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Design, Construction and Operations. WIT Transactions on The Built Environment, Vol 149, © 2015 WIT Press. www.witpress.com, ISSN 1743-3509 (on-line) (531-542).
- Tabassom Safikhani, Aminatuzuhariah Megat Abdullah, Dilshan Remaz Ossen, Mohammad Baharvand (2014), “A Review of Energy Characteristic of Vertical Greenery Systems”. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Review 40 (450-462) Elsevier ISSN: 1364-0321
- Mohd Fadhil Md Din, Yee Yong Lee, Mohanadoss Ponraj, Dilshan Remaz Ossen, Kenzo Iwao, Shreeshivadasan Chelliapan (2014); “Thermal comfort of various building layouts with a proposed Discomfort Index range for tropical climate”. Journal of Thermal Biology. Volume 41, April 2014, [6–15]. Copyright © 2014 Elsevier Ltd
- Tetsu Kubota, Doris Hooi Chyee Toe, Dilshan Remaz Ossen (2014); “Field Investigation of Indoor Thermal Environments in Traditional Chinese Shophouses with Courtyards in Malacca”. Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering (JAABE) January 2014/8
- Asal Kamani Fard, Mohd Hamdan Ahmad and Dilshan Remaz Ossen (2013),”Sense Of Home Place In Participatory Post-Disaster Reconstruction”. Journal of Environmental Assessment Policy and Management_ Vol. 15, Issue 1. Print ISSN: 1464-3332/ Online ISSN: 1757-5605. DOI: 10.1142/S1464333213500051
- Yaik-Wah Lim, Mohd Zin Kandar, Mohd Hamdan Ahmad, Dilshan Remaz Ossen, Aminatuzuhariah Megat Abdullah (2012), “Building façade design for daylighting quality in typical government office building”, Building and Environment 57 (2012) 194-204
- Asal Kamani Fard, Mohd Hamdan Ahmad and Dilshan Remaz Ossen (2012),”The sense of place in the new homes of post-Bam earthquake reconstruction”. International Journal of Disaster Resilience in the Built Environment, Vol. 3 Iss: 3 pp. 220-236. Emerald Group Publishing Limited 1759-5908. DOI 10.1108/17595901211263611
- Dilshan Remaz Ossen & Adeb Qaida & Hasanuddin Bin Lamit. “Urban Heat Island of Putrajaya City in Malaysia” [Chapter 50]. In Kubota, Tetsu, Rijal, Hom Bahadur, Takaguchi, Hiroto [eds] “Sustainable Houses and Living in the Hot-Humid Climates of Asia”. 2018 Springer International Publishing AG. ISBN: 978-981-10-8465-2
- Syed Zainol Abidin Idid & Dilshan Remaz Ossen (2013), “Heritage Impact Assessment as a Tool in Managing Development in the Historic City of Melaka, Malaysia” [Chapter 15]. In Kapila D. Silva & Neel Kamal Chapagain (eds.) Asian Heritage Management: Contexts, Concerns, and Prospects, London: Routledge. ISBN: 978-0-415-52054-6.[Total Chapters: 17]
- Leng Pau Chung & Dishan Remaz Ossen , “Comparison of Integrated Environmental Solutions And Autodesk Ecotect Simulation Software Accuracy With Field Measurement For Temperature”[Chapter 7: p85-102]. In Mohd Hamdan Ahmad (eds) Sustainability in Built Environment 1, ISI Publications Institute Sultan Iskandar. First Print 2012. ISBN 978-983-2466-10-9
- Yakubu Aminu Dodo, Mohd Zin Kandar & Dilshan Remaz Ossen, “Policy of Post Occupancy Evaluation in Rating Green Office Buildings in Malaysia”[Chapter 8:p103-112]. In Mohd Hamdan Ahmad (eds) Sustainability in Built Environment 1, ISI Publications Institute Sultan Iskandar. First Print 2012. ISBN 978-983-2466-10-9
- Ahmad, Mohd Hamdan, Ossen, Dilshan Remaz and Mohamed Khaidzir, Khairul Anwar (2008) Methodology In Architectural Research. Penerbit UTM Press, Univision Press Sdn Bhd. ISBN 978-983-52-0592-7