Dr. Abd-elsattar Kaadan
Dr. Abd-elsattar Kaadan
Assistant Professor - UK FHEA
Architecture Engineering & Design
- Ph.D. in Design and Management of Environment and Landscape, Dissertation: “Sustainable UrbanScape Design in Hot Climates (Arabian Gulf Cities)” with grade Excellent, SAPIENZA University of Rome, ITALY.
- M.Sc. in Sustainable Architecture and Landscape, Thesis: “Landscape Architecture for Sustainable Development”, University IUAV of Venice, ITALY.
- B.Sc. in Architecture, Thesis: “Historical Studies and Restoration of Khan Kurt Beg in the UNESCO Ancient site of Aleppo”, SAPIENZA University of Rome, ITALY.
- Sep 2020 – Present: Chairperson of College Teaching, Learning, Student Assessment and Moderation Committee, KU Bahrain.
- Sep 2019 – Aug 2020: Chairperson of College Grievance Committee, KU Bahrain.
- 2019 – Present: Assistant Professor, College of Architecture Engineering and Design, Kingdom University, Riffa, KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN
- 2016 – 2018: Consultant, AK architecture, Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, GERMANY
- May 2016 – Jul 2016: Guest Researcher, LTU – Luleå University of Technology, Luleå, SWEDEN
- 2013 – 2015: Lecturer & Head of Quality Assurance, College of Architecture Engineering and Design, Kingdom University, Riffa, KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN
- 2013 – Jul 2013: Int. Researcher, Fraunhofer Italia – IEC, Bolzano, South Tyrol, ITALY
- 2012 – Mar 2013: Int. Researcher, SAPIENZA University of Rome, Roma, ITALY
- 2011 – 2012: Lecturer, College of Architecture and Planning, UoD – University of Dammam, KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA
- 2007 – 2011: Co-Architect, Architectural Consulting Firms, Venice & Rome, ITALY
- Kaadan, A., Scatena, D., (2020) “Traditional Urban Form for Sustainability of the Public Space in Contemporary Cities of the Arabian Gulf”, International Journal on Proceedings of Science and Technology, Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts (CITAA), IEREK press | University of Pisa, ITALY.
- Kaadan, A., Benedetti, C., Aldosary, A., (2019) “The Bioclimatic Design as a Sustainable Urban Scape Methodology for Human Comfort in Hot Climates”, WASET - International Research Conference (IRC) | The Open Science Index (OSI), Part XI, Pages 60 - 65., London, UK.
- Kaadan, A., (2013) “Città di Dubai”, Book: Il Paesaggio Urbano Contemporaneo. Letture Prospettive. Ippolito, A.M. ISBN 978-88-204-4561-4, Franco Angelli, Milano, ITALY.
- Kaadan, A., (2010) “BIVP – Building Integrated Photovoltaic (City of Aleppo)”, Master’s Research of Renewable Energy, EURAC Research, Bolzano, ITALY.
- Kaadan, A., (2008) “Doors and Windows”, Book : Studies on Typology, Venice Summer Academy, TU Dortmund, GERMANY.
- Kaadan, A., (2016) Research of Future Sustainable Livable Cities in Sensitive Cold Climate, City of Luleå, Norbotten, LTU, Luleå, SWEDEN.
- Kaadan, A., (2015) Research of ETTIJAH Project (Phase I), Sustainable Living/Working Space in Hot Climate, KU BAHRAIN.
- Kaadan, A., (2014) Research of Public Transportation in Bahrain, Biking Sustainable Transportation Design in a Several Climates, KU BAHRAIN.