- Program Aims
- Learning Outcomes
- Career Opportunities
- Learning Path
- Graduation Requirements
- Program Accreditations
The program of B.Sc. in Finance and Banking at the Kingdom University provides students with a conceptual framework of existing and emerging finance and Banking principles and practices. This program prepares students to work in national, regional, and international organizations, banks, and financial institutions.
The program structure is built with important consideration to the balance between skills and knowledge, and between theory and practice. Basic courses in finance and banking are indispensable to creating the first step in finance and Banking. More advanced courses in banking management, corporate finance, financial markets, and risk management are implemented to enhance student’s skills and increase their ability to join the labor market and excel in professional life.
The Finance and Banking program prepares students to be able to demonstrate a high level of leadership, teamwork, and communication skills. This program gives importance to social responsibility and community engagement and prepares the students to demonstrate knowledge and respect of the values of Bahraini and a high level of social responsibility.
- Provide the students quantitative and qualitative skills in analyzing the finance and banking decision situations.
- Develop the student’s ability to apply advanced techniques and practical skills in the field of finance and banking.
- Enable students to appreciate the importance of ethics in finance and banking practice.
- Provide opportunities for the students to critically analyze the problems and issues in the management of the bank and financial institutions.
- Lead the students to understand the social responsibilities and to participate in community service.
- Provide students with the appropriate employability skills required in practical business life.
- Develop the ability of the students to conduct research into business problems of Finance and Banking.
- Develop student’s life-long learning skills using ICT.
- Develop the student’s appreciation of ethics in finance and banking practice.
- Develop students’ efficiency in teamwork, leadership, and communication skills.
Knowledge and Understanding Skills
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of international standards, theories, and regulations in Finance and Banking.
- Identify the relevant international standards and specialist theories in Finance and Banking.
- Explain the principles of Islamic finance and banking.
- Apply the finance and banking principles and techniques in real situations.
- Assess finance and banking problems using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Apply the appropriate tools and technics to analyze the Finance and Banking data.
- Analyze critically financial issues in the banking environment.
- Evaluate the financial data and information critically and draw useful inferences for decision making.
- Examine the markets for banking and financial instruments and products.
- Recognize the recent developments in Finance and Banking and review research articles.
General and Transferable Skills
- Display ethical behavior and cultural sensitivity in analyzing the financial and banking data, in carrying out research in Finance and Banking and preparation of reports.
- Participate in team/individual projects and play a lead role in business research.
- Communicate in written reports and orally to peers and seniors on the research or new developments.
- Financial Manager
- Financial Consultant
- Financial Planner
- Securities Agent, Investment Dealer, and Broker
- Portfolio Analyst
- Financial Officer
- Training Consultant/Professional
Post Graduate Studies:
- Master in international finance
- Master’s degree in accounting
- Master’s degree in Financial Technology
- CMI certificates
- ACCA certificate (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Successful completion of 129 Credit Hours.
- Achieve an Cumulative GPA of 2.0 and above.
- The Progrmme Received “Full Confidence” in the BQA Cycle 2 Academic Programme Reviews.
- The programme is placed on NQF at Level 8.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), UK
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI), UK
- College of Business is a member at AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).