- Program Aims
- Learning Outcomes
- Career Opportunities
- Learning Path
- Graduation Requirements
- Program Accreditations
The program of B.Sc. in Finance and Accounting at the Kingdom University provides students with a conceptual framework of existing and emerging finance and accounting principles and practices. This program prepares students to work in national, regional, and international business organizations.
The program structure is built with important consideration to the balance between knowledge and skills, and between theory and practice. Basic courses in finance and accounting are indispensable to creating the first step in the career of Finance and Accounting. More advanced courses in financial accounting, managerial accounting, auditing, finance, and financial markets and institutions enhance students’ skills and increase their ability to join the labor market and excel in their professional life.
The finance and Accounting program prepares students to be able to demonstrate a high level of leadership, teamwork, and communication skills. This program gives importance to social responsibility and community engagement and prepares the students to demonstrate knowledge and respect of values and culture of the Bahraini society and a high level of social responsibility
- Provide students with a conceptual framework of existing and emerging Accounting concepts, principles, and practices.
- Provide the students with mathematical and quantitative models that are useful for problem-solving and to support decision-making.
- Enable students to appreciate the importance of ethics in accounting practice.
- Provide opportunities for the students to improve critical thinking capabilities in analyzing the accounting and financial statements.
- Lead the students to understand the social responsibilities and to participate in community service.
- Prepare students to work within national and international accounting standards.
- Develop the ability of students in research and creative analysis in solving accounting and finance issues.
- Develop student’s life-long learning skills using ICT.
- Provide the opportunity for students to work in a team and to lead a team.
Knowledge and Understanding Skills
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of accounting principles, International Financial Reporting Standards, and theories and concepts of accounting and finance.
- Describe the concepts of the financial market, financial institution, portfolio, taxation, and risk management.
- Draw the inter-linkages between accounting and finance.
- Identify the international financial reporting standards, their implementation, and auditing.
- Apply Financial and Accounting concepts, principles, techniques, and standards to achieve tasks and projects.
- Apply accounting principles to record business transactions in different organizations.
- Prepare financial reports in compliance with the international financial reporting standard.
- Analyze and interpret financial reports to evaluate company performance.
- Appraise financial market reports to identify investment opportunities.
- Analyze accounting and financial information to make strategic decisions in organizations.
- Identify the research trends in Accounting and Finance issues.
General and Transferable Skills
- Behave ethically and professionally with cultural awareness in business and community environments.
- Participate in teamwork and recognize leadership or follower roles within a business scenario.
- Communicate the Accounting and financial reports to the stakeholders through written and oral channels effectively.
- Financial Manager
- Cost Accountant
- Securities Agent, Investment Dealer, and Broker
- Financial Consultant
- Financial Planner
- Portfolio Analyst
- Financial Officer
- Training Consultant/Professional
Post Graduate Studies:
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master’s degree in accounting.
- Master in international finance
- CMI certificates
- ACCA certificate (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA)
- Successful completion of 129 Credit Hours.
- Achieve Cumulative GPA of 2.0 and above.
- The Progrmme Received “Full Confidence” in the BQA Cycle 2 Academic Programme Reviews.
- The programme is placed on NQF at Level 8.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), UK
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI), UK
- College of Business is a member at AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).