The Admission and Registration Department (ARD) reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Scientific Research. It is managed by a Head with four qualified administrative staff.
Admission and Registration plays a pivotal role in managing the relations between the constituents of the University community. The Department is responsible for the operations and functions pertaining directly to the provision of services and Information to meet the requirements and needs of senior and/or newly enrolled students, parents, alumni, visitors, and members of both academic and administrative staff.
ARD’s role is not only to manage the admissions and registration processes according to the applicable university regulations and policies but also constitutes a link between all stakeholders to provide services, guidance and facilities to enrich student experience from enrolment through graduation.
The mandates of the Department are as follows:
- Support students through the application process and assist in the management of university admission, enrolment, and registration.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for KU’s curricula, students, alumni academic staff and other stakeholders.
- Produce and maintain the integrity and security of its institutional, educational and learner records from registration to graduation.
- Enforce Department and University regulations and policies.
- Facilitate a culture that preserves the values of KU and its community.