“In alignment with the University vision and mission and in partnership with Colleges and University departments or units, the vision of the KU Student Affairs Department is to advance and enrich the students lifelong learning, experiences, and success.”
“The mission of KU Student Affairs Department is to educate, retain and graduate job market ready students through collaborative engagement with the community and quality student-focused programs and services.”
Welcome to KU Student Affairs Department!
Our team is here to assist you during your University experience. Our role is to strengthen your in- and out-of-class learning experience, facilitate your interaction with faculty, staff, and other students and sustain a safe and healthy KU community.
With best wishes.
Mr. Abdulla Abdulrahman Abdulla Sharifi
Head-Student Affairs Department
The Department’s main goals are:
- Promotion of student development and learning through engagement in social, sport, national and cultural events.
- Enhancement of student experience and fostering of student health, wellbeing and wellness.
- Contribute to the creation of an environment for student success and engagement in various academic/curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in the University.
- Serve as a student advocate by mediating problems, issues, and conflicts in an expedient manner.
- Address students’ complaints and grievances in cooperation with Colleges and relevant University departments or units.
- Provision of psychological support and counseling to all students including special attention to students with special learning needs and disabilities.
- Through the Students Council, provide opportunities for students to participate in leadership roles, work effectively with others and build community relationships.
Students’ Guidance and Support Unit
The student Guidance and Support Unit provides various services and instructions in the social and psychological fields, in addition to introducing students to the university internal rules and regulations and supervising their application.
The Orientation Day Program for newly enrolled students provides the necessary support for students to help them integrate into the university environment. The program also aims at identifying the requirements of the programs, advising students about these requirements, giving them information about the registration of courses, logging into the electronic systems, student activities and services, and the available facilities in the university.
Students with Special Needs and Learning Difficulties
The unit provides the necessary support to all students with special needs and ensures the continuity and easiness in using facilities, through regularly communicating with them and providing them with all their requirements. In addition, the unit provides psychological guidance and support on adapting to the university environment, in addition to motivating and engaging the students in the university activities.
Students with Special Health Needs
The Student Support and Counseling Unit takes care of students with chronic diseases and those who are subject to injuries through following-up their health, identifying, specifying and providing them their needs in cooperation with the various concerned parties in the university.
Students with Special Social and Psychological Needs
The unit provides counseling sessions for students about their social or psychological problems, in addition to holding public or private individual counseling sessions to enhance their skills and overcome difficulties.
The unit is responsible for following-up regular students and providing the necessary support and guidance to them, by providing courses and training programs, motivating them periodically and supporting them throughout their academic study.
The unit encourages talented students to practice and develop their hobbies and provides them with all their needs.
KU is committed to provide international students with their needs and the necessary guidance and support to help them involve in the university environment.
Students’ Complaints and Suggestions
The university receives student complaints and suggestions in a number of ways such as through attending to the Student Affairs Department or through the suggestions and complaints boxes. The university is keen to take the necessary action in coordination with the concerned parties.
Student Counselor: Mrs. Lina Ahmed Ibrahim AlMohtadi
Tel: +973 13302961 ( 961)
KU believes in the important complementary role of extracurricular student activities. It aims at developing individual and collective students’ skills abilities, implanting the principles of social responsibility and strengthening the national unity through organizing various activities in different fields such as entertainment, social, cultural, sports, art, and others.
KU supports the formation of an elected students’ council through annual elections. The Student Council is a link between the students and the university administration to involve students in the process of decision making.
The Student Council organizes events and promotes the spirit of cooperation and the concept of teamwork among the students themselves and between the students and the society. In addition, the council follows-up students’ issues, makes them aware of their duties, solves their problems and supports the academic, cultural and social journey.
- No Events
- “Annual Ramadan Donation” on May 20, 2018 10:00 am
- “Charity Art Exhibition” on April 24, 2018 8:00 am
- “International Conference of Entrepreneurship & Innovation (ICEI)” on March 18, 2018 8:00 am
- “Visit to Al Noor International School” on March 13, 2018 12:00 pm
- “College of Architecture Engineering & Design Competition” on February 14, 2018 8:00 am
- “Green Cities, Sustainable Buildings & Renewable Energy Seminar” on February 11, 2018 8:00 am
- “High Schools Exhibition” on February 1, 2018 8:00 am
- ” Hosting Community Engagement Students” on January 16, 2018 8:00 am
- “Plastic Recycle Campaign” on November 20, 2017 8:00 am
- “Kingdom University launches Ramadan Campaign “Hallal-Khair” on May 27, 2017 8:00 am
|Mr. Abdulla Abdulrahman Sharifi||Student Affairs||Student Affairs||Head of Student Affairs Departmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Lina Ahmed Ibrahim||Student Affairs||Student Affairs||Student Counseloremail@example.com|
|Ms. Sharifa Jasim Seyadeeh||Student Affairs||Student Affairs||Student Affairs Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|