Quality Assurance system is increasingly becoming more imperative in the academic, administrative and/or support domains of Higher Education Institutions across the globe. External or professional authorities or agencies for quality assurance and accreditation have thrived across the world, and these are particularly paralleled or conformed by regulatory requirements and internal quality assurance arrangements.
Kingdom University prides itself of ensuring quality in all its projects, work and activities. The Accreditation and Quality Assurance Office (AQAO) has been established to primarily support the strategic quality goals and objectives of the University across all its core areas. It aims to develop the KU’s capabilities in the area of quality assurance in order to enhance academic, support, administrative and managerial activities. These activities are guided and coordinated by AQAO which is instrumental in designing, organizing, implementing and monitoring current quality assurance systems and mechanisms to ensure that students acquire world class and relevant higher education.
AQAO’s work is matched by the steps that have been taken both by academic and support departments in the University to ensure that the highest quality of learning, teaching, assessment, program, curricula, research, community engagement, administration, student experience and quality of management is suitably administered and actualized. The Office reports directly to the University President because of its strategic relevance and importance in producing quality graduates.
The vision of the Office is to be recognized as catalyst and hub of quality in the University’s academic and support systems through enhancement of student and staff satisfaction and be distinctly responsive to national, regional and international quality assurance and accreditation imperatives.
The Office exists to play an overarching role in the review, monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of quality frameworks, systems, policies and procedures at all levels, sectors and areas in the University and effectively adhere to national, regional and international quality and accreditation requirements and standards.
- Assist and support the University in achieving its strategic vision, mission and goals through quality and accreditation initiatives and development of its academic and support areas.
- Establish best practices on internal capacity building, promote “quality culture” and improve performance within the University community.
- Implement quality frameworks and standards that are benchmarked with national, regional and international best practices and tenets.
- Build review, measurement and evaluation systems to improve the quality standards of academic, research, community engagement, support units and services within the University.
- Oversee all of the quality assurance and enhancement processes governing the KU’s academic provision.
- Liaise with the relevant external and regulatory bodies or associations to ensure that KU aligns with best sector practice for quality assurance and enhancement.
- Lead and monitor the formulation, review and enforcement of strategies, policies, and procedures geared towards quality assurance and enhancement.
- Formulate quality standards to carry out internal reviews and audits of both academic and support units in the University.
- Facilitate the formulation, communication and application of quality benchmarks for various academic and support functions and activities of KU.
- Promote quality-related developments within the KU’s core functions and areas and in accordance with the University’s strategic plan.
- Ensure that University and College level quality assurance measures and enhancement processes are reviewed and updated periodically to reflect any changes by the internal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide academic advice and support to KU’s academic units on the areas of teaching, learning, assessment, program and course review, development, management and monitoring.
- Lead and advise heads of academic units and support units on programme-within-college reviews, self-evaluation reports and oversee similar institutional and program accreditation processes by regulatory and/or external agencies or bodies.
- Initiate and organize quality related academic and support activities within the University.
- Lead and monitor the review and audit of academic and support units in order to promote excellence in teaching, learning, research, community engagement and support functions and services in the University.
- Promote the collation and integration of students’ feedback and other stakeholders on quality-related issues and imperatives in the University.
- Develop and maintain a database of quality-related documents and records.
- Communicate quality-related assurance policies, procedures and other standards and ensure their availability to internal and relevant interested parties, bodies or institutions.
- Report outcomes or results of accreditation and external quality review decisions and directives to the concerned units or departments in the University.
|Dr. Iqbal Thonse Hawalder||Top Management / College of Business Administration||Top Management / Finance & Banking||Associate Professor/Assistant to the President for Accreditation & Quality Assurancefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Huda Faeq Ahmed Ali||Accreditation & Quality Assurance Office||Accreditation & Quality Assurance Office||Sr. AQA Specialistemail@example.com|
|Mrs. Fatema Ali Isa AlSherooqi||Accreditation & Quality Assurance Office||Accreditation & Quality Assurance Office||AQA Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Rajesha T.M.||Accreditation & Quality Assurance Office||Accreditation & Quality Assurance Office||IMU Administratoremail@example.com|
|Mrs. Iman Khaled Ahmed Bucheeri||Accreditation & Quality Assurance Office||Accreditation & Quality Assurance Office||Administrative Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|